Tomorrow (Sunday, September 18th) will see the winner of this year’s Frank O’Connor Short Story Award announced. As a reminder, the shortlistees are:
- Gold Boy, Emerald Girl by Yiyun Li (Beijing-born, American Resident)
- Light Lifting by Alexander MacLeod (Canadian debutante)
- Saints and Sinners by Edna O’Brien (Irish)
- Death is Not an Option by Suzanne Rivecca (American Debutante)
- The Empty Family by Colm Tóibín (Irish)
- Marry or Burn by Valerie Trueblood (American)
I’d like to congratulate all of the finalists for making it this far and wish each and every one good luck.
Results will be posted live on the blog tomorrow during the ceremony which starts at 7pm in The Ballroom, Hotel Metropole, Cork.